PLEASE NOTE: Presently I am on a hiatus from all session work. Please check back in the summer for more information about booking sessions with me. Thank you for exploring ASTROINQUIRY.
The writer Annie Dillard once wrote: “How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.”
If you survey the 24 hours that comprise your day and then imagine yourself stretching those 24 hours out to span your allotted time on earth (however long or short that might be at this point) you’ll have a near-perfect representation of how the rest of your life will unfold and what the ‘future’ holds for you.
I know — it’s alarming. Why is that?
Well, because most of us live half-lives that repeat and recirculate our life force as a way to maintain stasis, safety and security.
Regardless of how ‘busy’ you appear, in the end, your day begins to resemble the day prior and the day that will follow. Even if you feel miserable, at least you’re familiar with your misery. The ego is peculiar that way, as the Tibetan Buddhist teacher Chögyam Trungpa pointed out:
“One of the main occupations of the ego seems to be creating confusion. And we are willing to stick to this confusion and make it a habitual pattern of everyday life. We do this because confusion provides a tremendously stable ground to sink into. Confusion also provides a way of occupying oneself.”
The reasons for this situation are complex, but the ways of unraveling the condition are not. I specialize in three of them:
• Process-oriented astrology.
How can inquiry, astrology and dreams assist you?
Inquiry is effective when it is open-ended when the field (the energetic force between two or more people) is based on not-knowing. This is a rare condition to experience because people have lost the art of talking and listening, and more importantly, the art of asking genuine questions. Once engaged, active inquiry invites guidance. A quality of guidance that’s free from the ego’s agenda. Guidance that is in accord with your particular questions.
Stars Above, A Star Below
A horoscope is a neutral snapshot of a particular astronomical moment in time. But it is relevant to you, as a unique being, because — yes, it suggests clues and hints related to potentialities — but more importantly as you engage with the astrological logos (the living presence of the solar system) your consciousness deepens. Astrology’s logos awakens a palpable sense of the universal expressing itself through a particular — and that particular would be you.
After 40-plus years of working with thousands of clients and studying their horoscopes, I can assure you that there are no benefic or malefic planets; nor are there planetary aspects or horoscopic houses that are blessed or evil, better or worse. Your birth chart is 100% perfect; it is a sacred mandala that marks your exact arrival into this particular time-sphere, and it should be honored as such. And I do.
Life is But A Dream
Dreamwork is different from dream analysis or interpretation, the later is a passive engagement that can be helpful but is limited in that it distances you from the living experience of your dream. Yes, certain hints and clues arise from dreams, but dream work awakens you to what Arnold Mindell calls 24 hour lucid dreaming.
With lucid dreaming, you’re aware that everything and everyone in life is part of an interminable dream flow. The dream flow reveals how the tree you dreamed about last night is also dreaming you. There aren’t separate distinct ‘things’ within the dream field, all are part and parcel what different traditions have called the Tao or the Primal Force or the Prime Mover — or what physicists consider as quantum wave functions. The name or term isn’t important, but the felt experience is.
How We Will Work
Our initial session is 60-minutes and includes:
• Dialogue that addresses your birth chart. This includes planetary progressions and transits relevant to your inquiry; a discussion that involves questions and answers but also awareness practice where chart qualities are sensed somatically, in your body. As Earthlings, our bodies reveal more to us than all of the mental gymnastics that our mind conjures.
• Establishing the dream field. An initiatory dream is not necessary for our first session, but time is allotted for dreamwork should you have a particular dream you’d like to explore, even if it’s a dream from your past. Dream time is beyond consensus reality time-keeping. Every dream is living, sometimes waiting years for you to revisit and re-enliven its story.
• This initial session sets the foundation for subsequent sessions. We may not like working with each other, or we’ll discover that the alchemy of our relationship is indeed a good match for further inquiry and we will schedule accordingly.
• My preferred method of working with clients is through a sequential series. These 50-minute sessions (a minimum of four, booked at one time) are scheduled weekly or bi-monthly. This option will be considered after the initial session takes place. See my note above about affinity.
• Inquiry and dreamwork require a particular flow and rhythm that involves time, pause, engagement, and recapitulation. Most of my clients find this method of working — through sequential sessions — to be the most effective.
• For returning clients that would like to arrange a periodic ‘check-in’ related to their chart and dream material, I do offer a one-time rate that is listed below as ‘subsequent single sessions’. But we must have worked together prior.
• All of my work is confidential and limited to a small number of clients at one time. I specialize in working with individuals who are interested in awakening and amplifying their already-engaged spiritual or creative processes. I do not do fortunetelling or traditional predictions. I also do not do health diagnosis; always see a doctor for those queries.
• Generally, I am booked out several weeks in advance, but feel free to call or email me to see what session times I have available.
• All consultations take place by phone or audio-only FaceTime.
• You are free to record your session although due to past technical snafus I no longer offer this option.
My fee structure for 2020:
Should the above payment method not be convenient for you, arrangements can be made via PayPal or a payment made via check by post, prior to our scheduled session.
Although I am not always available for immediate consultations, I’m always interested in talking with folks about how me might work together in the future.
Should you need more details please email me via this page.
I look forward to hearing from you,
The Fine Print:
Here is my policy re canceling a booked session or missing a booked session time.
• My ‘missed session’ fee is 50% of the session rate, depending on what format we are working with for your inquiry work.
• I require 48 hours notice for a session shift or rebooking.