On the weekend I got together — virtually — with Rachel and Andrei from the Aeolian Heart website to record two episodes for their Stargazer podcast.
The cast is debuting today May 25. And you can listen to the first episode here.
And you can listen to the second episode here.
Rachel, Andrei and I took on a free-for-all approach to the conversation and let imagination lead the way.
I was reminded, once again, that when you’re an astrologer you’re a lifelong student. Both of these artist/scholar/astrologers offered a wellspring of cogent astro-facets to consider.
• We covered everything from our fandom for art and culture critic Camille Paglia.
• To the conundrums of traditional astrology and the gnarly topic of prediction and dignities — and how potentially harmful those can be for a novice client. “Oh your Venus is in Virgo? I’m sorry!”
• We also consider the invasion of the Jungian world (synchronicity and archetypes) into modern astrology.
• Qualia (and wine tasting 🍷) and a language for describing the present moment.
• How has the astrologer’s ability to communicate astrology developed over time.
• Humanist philosopher Marsilio Ficino as a proto-psychological astrologer.
• Modern astrology’s indefatigable connoisseur Liz Greene.
• Morrisey‘s song Hairdresser on Fire — (you just have to listen to the episode).
• Please be advised that there is some salty language in the cast.
Enjoy the episode and you can leave us comments on my Facebook post here.
Be sure to visit Aeloion Heart and subscribe to Rachel’s newsletter — she’ll surprise you over and over with her scholarly astro-musings.
Happy listening and holiday!